Sharing relevant links and articles is a great way of sharing updates including showcasing your experience, sharing industry knowledge and making your profile a bit more personal. But sharing is not just about sharing your own content. Share, or Like or Comment on your Company’s updates , jobs and achievements and your contacts updates.
Sharing from your Homepage..
You can choose to share an update , post or photo from your LinkedIn Home page. This will share an update with your connections on LinkedIn through the LinkedIn homepage feed.
How to share a post:
- At the top of your LinkedIn homepage, click into the Share an article, photo, or update field.
- Type your post in the text box. Text is limited to 1300 characters maximum, or about five lines of text.
- If you have publishing capabilities, there are no limits on word count. Click Write an article to begin writing your article.
- To attach a URL link, type the URL or paste it into the share box. Allow a few seconds for a preview image to display. If we’re not able to retrieve a preview image, you can still share your update as a link. Remember to remove any spaces from the URL that you’re including before sharing. URLs with spaces in them can’t be shared on LinkedIn, and will result in an error.
- Click Post.
To share a photo:
- At the top of your homepage, click the Camera icon to the right of the Share an article, photo, or update field.
- Choose which file you’d like to upload. Small, low-resolution photos may appear low-quality.
- After uploading your file, add a caption in the text box.
- The size limit for an upload is 5MB.
- Uploaded images can’t be resized.
- Click Post.
Note: You can share either a URL link or an image, but not both at the same time. For URL links, we create a preview image pulled from the site being shared.
You can choose who you want to share with using one of these options: (1) Public,(2) your connections only or (3) Public and twitter.
Sharing from your Company Page…
There are two ways that you can share from your Company’s page (or a member’s update). You can either share with your own commentary or simply share the update. To reshare with your own comments click the share button underneath the post. When you reshare a post with an image or link, the original text will not be included. Instead, you’ll be prompted to add your own description or comments, which will appear above the image or link details.
Alternatively you can share the original post with no changes. Just click the “like” button underneath the post or comment. This will then appear in the LinkedIn feed on your homepage and on your Recent Activity page.