You should always do some preparation before attending a networking event. Some events will need less preparation than others but you should always think about:
- Who is going to the event?
- Who do I want to meet/talk to?
- What do I want to talk to them about?
- What are my networking goals for this event?
- Is there anyone I specifically want to get an introduction to?
The more preparation you do the more you wil get out of the event itself.
Download: Pre-Event Checklist
Download: Networking Event Preparation (Visibility Planner)