You can send a message to your connections directly from the LinkedIn messaging page, your Connections page, or their profile page. The message will be sent to the recipient’s messaging list and possibly to their email address, depending on their LinkedIn notification settings.
How to send a message on LinkedIn…
- Click the Messaging icon at the top of your homepage.
- Click the Compose icon on the left.
- Type the name(s) of your recipient(s) in the Type a name field. You can add up to 50 people to the conversation.
- Draft your message in the text box. You can customize your message by inserting images, or attaching files.
- Press Enter on your keyboard to send ( Press enter to send option is enabled by default), or click the Send button.
- If you have the Press Enter to send option enabled, press Shift + Enter to add a new paragraph within your message.
To opt of out Press Enter to send:
- Click on the More icon at the bottom of your messaging field, next to Send.
- Select Click Send to enable clicking on send to send a message.