Tips for Choosing the Right Venue (or making appropriate suggestions)
- Stick to the tried and tested restaurants. Unless you are taking out a connection that you know is a foodie and is just dying to try a particular restaurant stick to a restaurant you know.
- You want to be able to offer good food, good service and a good atmosphere.
- Have a few tried and testing venues, but don’t be afraid of adding to this list. Particularly if your connection is a local contact or you meet up regularly – you don’t want to go to the same place time and time again. Even if it is amazing.
- If you do not know the connection wll enough to pick a restaurant based on your knowledge of their preferences choose a restaurant with a varied menu with a variety of choices to suit a wide range of dietary preferences.
- Choose a venue with a moderate price range (and a moderately priced wine-list). Pricing should be affordable.
- Choose a central and convenient location.
Follow these tips and have a lovely lunch with a contact as part of your follow-up strategy. Share any tips (and/or experiences) in the comments.