At this time of year, holidays are a great conversation starter whether you are talking about plans for bank holidays, half term (for those with kids) or the summer. Most people have either just been away or have something in the diary that they are looking forward to that they are happy to chat about (and it is usually so much more interesting than work). Your network is a great source of recommendations and holiday tips or you might just hear some fantastic or funny stories or learn new things about your contact, perhaps about their family or hobbies. But wherever the conversation leads it can open up so much more.
Here are some personal examples:
- restaurant recommendations for my next holiday
- wine recommendations (not just for when I am on holiday)
- the start of an idea for a group ski trip next year
- additions for the bucket list
- tips for holidaying in a caravan
- a whole intinery sent as part of a follow up to peruse and use ideas from
- interesting history lesson
- a gift of a guidebook and a travel journal
Holidays are a great conversation starter and perhaps, more importantly, it a conversation that everyone can get involved in. Got your next holiday booked? Perhaps you will get some tips and recommendations at your next networking event.