How to Write for NTFB (and some guidelines)
What topics should I write about?
NTFB core topics are networking tips, business networking how-tos, business development and our Diary Series.
Guest Post Submission Guidelines
If you think you have what it takes to write for NTFB, shoot an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org following the format in these guidelines and using Guest Post Submission in the subject line. You can expect a reply within a week.
Just remember to:
- use short paragraphs
- limit the word count to between 800 and 1500 words.
- Use bullet points, numbered lists, and section headings.
All submissions must be in a word doc. Please add your personal bio/byline at the end of the same document.
How to structure a great post
Broadly speaking, the elements of a great guest post are:
- An interesting, attention-grabbing headline.
- A story.
- A well-structured body full of strong points that give an interesting and distinctive take on the topic
- Action points for the reader.
Also, look for opportunities to link to existing posts on NTFB within your post. We will allow a couple of links in the post byline and sometimes also a relevant link or two in the body of the post.
What’s the process for pitching a Diary Series?
We are currently looking for contributors to participate in our Diary Series. Send us your proposed pitch and a couple of paragraphs about what the type of networking events you will cover and a bit about yourself. Also please send us one or two examples of your writing – preferably a link to something online.
We are currently looking for contributors for the following regular slots:
– Diary Series – Women’s Networking / Women or Mothers in Business
– Diary Series – Networking for Students
– Diary Series – Jobseeker’s Diary.
However we welcome pitches for other topics.
Anything I need to do after my post is published?
Yes, we would expect you to:
- Promote the post to your email list and/or social media followers
- Engage fully with readers by responding to any comments
- Respond to comments or questions on Twitter and Facebook
We look forward to hearing from you.